Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Dress



Couple of weeks ago I found this dress on another blog and decided I wanted to make this dress for Valentine's day. Of course it is cute that I made a heart dress for my little "heart" girl. It was really fun to make. It took me a few hours but I got it done. The hardest part was making the ruffles for the inside of the heart. As I was putting this dress on her this morning I decided I didn't like the length. It is just a little long on her. Oh well she will grow and I will still be able to use it again next year. She usually only grows taller and not wider so it should be a masterpiece next year on her. As I was taking her to school I didn't want her to look silly so I untucked the top over the top of the little matching belt I had made. To me I thought by the time I was done fiddling with it that it looked more like a skirt and shirt she was wearing that just matched. I don't know how it would look to everyone else, but oh well. All I can do is my best and if that isn't good enough for others that is not my problem. She was really excited I made it for her and really excited that she got to wear it today. That at least made me feel a little better. :) The only bad thing was that she drooled on when she was brushing her teeth this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment