Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New Quilt



This is the first quilt that I have done with a pattern.  It has been so much fun.  I am working on hand quilting the first one right now (I decided to use the stitch in the ditch to not take away too much from the quilt).  You may say "First one?"......yes I am making 2 of them.  I had bought the fabric and when I was cutting it discovered that I had enough to make 2 only needing to buy  a little more of one fabric.  I love this quilt.  I am making this first one for my husband.  It may seem kiddish but I love it and don't think it is kiddish at all because we all have a little of kid still in us no matter our age.  In lieu of Dr. Seuss's birthday this month that was on March 2nd  I am making almost matching  Cat in the Hat quilts for my husband and I.  They are so fun.  I am just going to be doing different colored backs on each one.  My husband really liked the pirate quilt I made for my son and was a little jealous that I hadn't spent that much time on making something amazing like that for him.  I thought the pirate quilt was amazing but I am more excited about this one just because it isn't just squares on the front.  It was a pattern that took me a while to cut. (using rotary cutter)  Not too long to sew together.  Now it will just take me a while to hand quilt it.  I'm giving you some pictures of my progress but not the whole thing because I don't want to give the surprise away just yet.  You will fall in love with this quilt too.  I just know it.  The reason I haven't posted for a while is because it has taken me a little while to get to this point.  Being a mommy is a lot of work so I have to do these things in just the little spare moments I find.  Well here it is. :)

1 comment: