Saturday, April 7, 2012

Ava Tie Top dress by Izzy& Ivy designs



This dress was fairly easy to make.  I wish I could do reviews on patterns.  This pattern was great because I am a visual learner and it had many sketches for each step.  The only thing I didn't like about the pattern is that when I measured my daughter to cut out the dress there was no way it was going to fit her and I went exactly by their measurements.  I didn't have enough fabric to just start over so I ended up putting panels in both the sides to make it bigger around.  This dress is probably one of my better dresses I have made to this point.  It called for pin tucking at the bottom of the dress.  It was the first time I have attempted that.  I used a cute loopy stitch that was on my machine.  I'm not quite sure it looks exactly straight even though I measured all the way around but it could just be my eyes or a combination of that and the pattern of the fabric.  My pin tucks ended up going up instead of down just because of the stitch I used but that was ok with me because I thought it looked cute.  Overall I am happy with the design of the dress and I LOVE the fabric I used.  I made notes on my pattern for next time so I won't have to add panels.  I won't be going off of their measurements for the main tube part next time.  I love this pattern because it is used for many different sizes and goes from size 2 to a size 12 in girls.  I will be using this again.  I can't wait for her to wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment