Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cat in the Hat #2 Quilt



I finally made enough progress to blog about. YAY!  I finished the top of the quilt.  I am headed Saturday to my favorite quilt shop to get the fabric to do the back and binding.  I am excited.  I will probably end up hand quilting this one just so it looks a little more like the other one. (Aside from the other one turning pink in the was from the back fabric bleeding)  I can say I am never buying cheap fabric again.  It made me so upset.  I am so afraid of ruining this one.  My son wants me to make him a small carry around quilt with the scraps since the little baby quilt he carries around is starting to fall apart.  We will see if he chooses something else once he goes to the fabric store with me.  I am really excited about this though.  Once I finish this one I can start the one that I will be making for my daughter's bed.  It always seems like I have so many unfinished projects.  Not enough time or energy to go around sometimes.  I get too many ideas for new projects before I am even finished with ones that I am currently working on.  My husband can attest to this.  He probably thinks it is funny also he sees me sometimes bite off more than I can chew.   I love that he is interested in what I do and want to do.  It makes me feel just a little more valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment