Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Iron Caddy




My sister in law and I decided to have a sewing day. We decided to make this iron caddy.  I love it.  It is so handy.  After carrying my iron in the box for the last 10 yrs this looks so pretty.  The fabric I chose was of course Riley Blake.  I really loved this fabric and every time I saw it at the quilt shop I would always try to think of what I could make out of it.  I finally decided on this iron caddy.  It has a heat resistant layer so you can put your iron in it hot and just take it on the go.  You can also use it as an ironing pad on a table or something.  How cleaver.  I got the pattern from one of my favorite quilt shops.  The pattern came with the heat resistant fabric.  The pattern was by "Sister's Common Thread".  If you decide to make it I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  It was fun to make.  It was also fun to have someone to talk to while doing a project cause usually I'm alone.  You can find the pattern here.

No comments:

Post a Comment