Friday, April 20, 2012

Kindle Fire Cover

 Front
 I decided to do the inside with the blue and white polka dot from this fabric line.
 
 Back


 
I had so much fun making this Kindle cover. It was pretty easy.  I used Berenstain Bears fabric by Moda because I love this fabric line.  I thought that it was so fitting since it was one of my favorite childhood books.  I added the ruffle on the front to make it more girlie.  I saw it on a different tutorial that was more of a slip cover than an open and shut one.  I decided to combine the two a little.  It is all finished except I will add an embellishment on the closure strap.  I decided to sew the velcro on by hand because I hate sewing it on the machine.  I also finished sewing the closure by hand after sewing the strap on because I didn't want to take away from the elastic and I also wanted my stitch hidden.  If you are interested in making this case I got the tutorial from here.  If you want to do the kindle fire with this tutorial then you will need to add about an inch all the way around on your measurements if you are doing 1/4" to 1/2" seam allowance because the Kindle Fire is a little thicker than the other ones.  I ended up having to do a smaller seam allowance.  I measured my Kindle and added an inch but it still just wasn't quite right when you tried to close it so I did unpick it and redo the seam allowance.  I love how it turned out and I am really excited to use it.

If I decide to do a button on the closure what color do you think it should be?  Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, or maybe a wood button??

No comments:

Post a Comment