Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cat in the Hat Baby Quilt



I made this baby quilt almost entirely out of scraps.  The only thing I had to buy was the backing and the 3 inch boarder.  I used the scraps from the cat in the hat quilts I made to make the center of the quilt and the binding.  I even still have a little more left over.  Not quite enough for a back though.  Even basting batting together and using it can be helpful.  It is nice having a stash. I need to get more boyish fabric because most of my stash is quite girlie.  I really like how this quilt turned out.  I used the same pattern as the one I did for my quilting class.   My husband actually sewed the rows together for me then I sewed them into columns then did the rest.  It is so amazing how you could make several things out of one pattern and have it look completely different. Sometimes it is hard to make stuff and then to give it away.  My piano teacher is going to have her baby next week so I made this quilt for her.  Hope I didn't spoil the surprise Kristen.  Thanks for all you do for me.  Also thanks to my wonderful husband for all your love, support, and of course help. :) What would I ever do without you honey??  No seriously. LOL  You truly are my other half.

No comments:

Post a Comment