Monday, May 21, 2012

Book Bag Tote




I just recently started taking piano lessons with my daughter.  I didn't want to keep carrying the books back and forth not in something and have one get lost.  I decided to make this simple book bag.  I got the tutorial here.  I didn't like this tutorial and ended up just doing my own thing.  The only thing I got from this tutorial was the measurements.  Although my handles are shorter cause I wanted to use the width of the fabric to save on some fabric so I didn't buy the length of the handles.  I did not think this tutorial had very good instructions but because I made bags on my own before I was able to just go with what I wanted with just the measurements.  It turned out really cute.  I love the fabric I ended up getting for this project.  I think from now on  I am not going to use tutorials unless I really don't know how to do something.  I just get annoyed with them especially when they skip steps.  My daughter helped me pick this fabric out and is excited to use this bag.  We will sure use it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment