Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cat in the Hat quilt #2








I finally finished it.  It took me a lot longer than expected because I ended up doing a lot of little projects in the middle.  I did a binding on this one different from they old fashioned one that I did on the other one.  I will say that I will not be using a polyester fill on any other quilt I do on my machine.  I did the same fill for the other one but I did everything by hand so I didn't run into problems.  At least I didn't try and machine a lot more on this quilt otherwise it would have been a nightmare.  It turned out looking a lot cuter than I had expected.  I did some things different than the first one because I learned from some of the problems I ran into with the other one that I don't normally run into.  I also ended up using flannel on the back of this one.  I really like that feature.  It has 2 different temperatures it feels like because it feels cooler on one side than the other.  I can't wait to start the next ones I had waiting for me.  I didn't want to start something new until I finished this one.  Glad it is done.  Now time to enjoy it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment