Saturday, January 19, 2013

King Size and I'm in LOVE




My husband and I made this quilt for our bed.  It has been done for quite a while.  Well actually all the ones I have posted today have been for quite a while I am just so behind on my blogging.  I decided to do purple and grey for my bed and I am loving how it turned out.  I got this pattern out of a book that I got that was especially for pre-cuts.  It called for 244 charm squares.  Since I wanted certain color ways I got yardage and we cut all the squares ourselves instead of getting charm packs like the pattern had shown.  I am very very happy with my color choices.  Jeremy was wonderful to help me on this quilt.  I have also really enjoyed having it on my bed.  I just need to get on top of making the matching pillow cases with the scraps I have left over.  Since it is winter and night I didn't take the pictures outside like I normally do.  The purples I chose are rich and beautiful.  I look forward to using this quilt for many years to come.

P.S. Please excuse the out of focus pictures.  It took me quite a few tries just to get ones this good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment