Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Maxi Skirt



I'm sure that many of you who are avid in sewing have already made a maxi skirt at some point.  If you haven't I can say it is so easy and if you like them you should try your hand at them.  I made this skirt on Memorial Day because I wanted something new to wear.  I love maxi skirts because they are so comfortable.  I love to dress up and wear skirts and dresses.  If I had enough dresses I would probably wear them everyday.  If you have never made a maxi skirt before you can find many tutorials via pinterest or a search on the internet.  I didn't make a tutorial for this because it seems like there is an abundance of them out there.  If you are an avid in sewing all you need is your body measurements and a little inspiration.  For this skirt I just measured my waist added an inch for sewing allowances and cut it at an "A" line down to the bottom adding 5" to the total bottom measurement.   I also made a waist band that folds over.  I like the ones that fold over more like yoga pants.  I have made a maxi skirt for my daughter and I in the past.  It is on this blog in one of my early posts.  It has been quite a while since I had made one.  I decided to make this one because I found a store in town that is my new favorite for knit fabric purchases.  I enjoy this skirt and look forward to wearing it more.  I have already worn it two times since I made it.  Good luck with all your sewing adventures.  Keep your eyes peeled for more projects to com.

2 comments:

  1. I have never made a maxi skirt, but this one looks great. I pretty much live in shorts or jeans, although I wish I had more reason to wear skirts. I just feel like I'm too dressed up when all I'm doing is running around with my kids or going to the grocery store. I would love to see more of your sewing posts. I'm actually trying to get better at sewing so I can make myself shorts! :-) Too bad I don't wear skirts (often) because they are so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making more difficult things does take more practice. I have done some harder projects lately that I haven't had a chance to post about yet. Thanks for all your wonderful comments. Keep practicing and it will build your confidence. I just run around with kids a lot too. I just like to dress up to feel more feminine. :) Good luck Danny! Keep posted for more of my projects to come.

      Delete