Last year (I think the end of the summer) I took a quilt class with my sister in law and we learned to make these kite quilts. It was a lot of fun to do this quilt. I let it sit for quite a while before I finished it and that's why it's not already on here. I finished it about a month and a half ago and had it quilted last month so it has been done for a few weeks now. I am just now getting the chance to put it on my blog. This pattern was a buggy barn pattern called "Crazy Kites". Buggy Barn patterns are pretty fun. My sister in law and I picked these fabrics together and each made a baby size quilt instead of the large size quilt the pattern makes. I had in mind that I was going to use it in my son's room as a wall hanging for a while. When I got to finishing the quilt top it was quite the task. Once I got to the part that was no longer following the pattern due to our size adjustments the challenge was on. So I went to work measuring and cutting pieces to make this one work. It turned out really cute. I used shoe laces instead of the bias tape maker and bias tape that the pattern calls for. I chose different colored shoe laces just because I like to mix it up a little and not have it all look the same. I thought it went really well with all the colors in the quilt. It also looks really cute on his wall.
Thanks again to my friend Sarah for the awesome machine quilting job on this quilt. I tried to get some pictures of the quilting to share her talent with you. :)
Here is the quilt on his wall.